Wednesday 9 September 2015

Testing, Testing, 1,2,3...

Hello,

My name is Sheilagh Ilona O'Brien, and this is the first post to my little academic blog on witches, witchcraft, and magic in the early modern period, and beyond. I am a PhD candidate at the University of Queensland, and my thesis - unsurprisingly - is on witchcraft and diabolism in early modern England.

By and large this blog will contain tidbits of my research, and ramblings and commentary on topics associated with witchcraft, history, and early modern England. I aim to update every Sunday with a piece of research, or some thoughts on areas of history and popular culture relating to the main theme of my work. So don't be surprised if you encounter discussions of faeries, fantasy fiction and its filmic permutations (incl. Game of Thrones), magic in the ancient world, and many other topics here.

I hope those who find their way here will leave both informed and amused by this unusual little corner of history, and its impact on literature and popular culture from the early modern period to today.

No comments:

Post a Comment